Fine Jewelry is delicate and should always be cared for. In order to keep it in its best condition, prevent buildup and damage so you can enjoy your jewelry longer, please follow these care instructions.
• Always take off your jewelry before your daily activities such as showering, applying lotion or perfume, exercising, swimming, sleeping, working with your hands, etc.
• Jewelry can easily scratch one another, therefore we strongly recommend that you store each piece of jewelry individually in its case or travel pouch.
• Leave your jewelry at home in a safe place before engaging in activities such as going to the gym, beach, snow skiing, hiking, or riding ATV’s.
• Keep your jewelry away from chemicals such as lotion, makeup, perfume, hair spray, and even chlorinated pools and hot tubs.
• Do not use household cleaning products while wearing your jewelry.
• I always say “First thing off and last thing on”.
• Do not sleep in your jewelry.
• For necklaces, clasp the necklace when removing it to assure the chain does not tangle or knot and lay them flat.
• Use extra caution If you have a fine jewelry piece that contains a pearl.
• Avoid extreme heat, cold or any extreme temperature changes, as well as avoid exposure to extreme light sources.
• Never put opals in a safety deposit box - opals need the moisture from the air or they will craze / crack. Safety deposit boxes don’t offer enough moisture in the air.
For cleaning, please follow the instructions below.
CLEANING: When cleaning your jewelry with our Kyla Donell jewelry cleaner solution, follow the instructions below. Safe for most metals, diamonds and delicate gemstones including pearls, opal, and turquoise. Test a small area prior to doing a full cleaning.
1. Apply foam to jewelry
2. Allow to soak for 10-30 seconds
3. Clean hard to reach places with soft brush
4. Rinse well
5. Repeat if necessary
Kyla Donell is not responsible for the maintenance of your worn jewelry.